Sunday, April 10, 2011

For Those Who May Have Forgotten

In the late 90's one woman; Brooksley Born, saw the great financial crisis we are still trying to recover from coming and tried to warn us. Needles to say, no one listened. This is that story. As you watch this keep in mind that
-Bank of America received a $1.9 billion tax refund from the IRS last year, although it made $4.4 billion in profits and received a bailout from the Federal Reserve and the Treasury Department of nearly $1 trillion.

-Goldman Sachs in 2008 only paid 1.1 percent of its income in taxes even though it earned a profit of $2.3 billion and received an almost $800 billion from the Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury Department.

-Citigroup last year made more than $4 billion in profits but paid no federal income taxes. It received a $2.5 trillion bailout from the Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury.



Now; with the biggest tax cuts in this countries history at stake, the American people are being asked to sacrifice where the wealthy are not. Some of those wealthy are the very same people and corporations that helped to create this mess.


I have little or no love for Republicans but I am not so foolishly lead by propaganda that I do not see how the Democrats have contributed to this mess.



Timothy Geithner is now the Secretary of the Treasury.



And if Obama was serious about getting this country in order he would put all his weight behind Elizabeth Warren.



How long will "We The People" stand by and watch those who started this crisis get off scott free while Republicans play bad cop and demonize TEACHERS! Well, I've made my decision. Until now I've had my money in a major bank. THAT ENDS THIS WEEK! I will no longer allow these plutocrats to put their grubby hands all over what little money I have! Once that's done I will encourage those around me to do the same.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!



Watch the full episode. See more FRONTLINE.

No comments:

Post a Comment